Zoom is a popular video conferencing software that provides instructors and students a platform to connect online via a personal PC/Laptop or mobile phone with or without video.
Course instructors get to open Zoom meetings to teach classes online and still record the event for later use by students. Below are some tips to help organize Presentation for Zoom Class.
1. Screen Sharing a Powerpoint Presentation
According to the Zoom help center, there are three major ways that one can use to screen share a Powerpoint Presentation in a Zoom meeting. Before starting, you must convert your file document from PDF to PPT (Powerpoint) which can be achieved with the help of PDFBear.
It is safe to use because, after the conversion of your files to your preferred one, the platform automatically deletes that in an hour. For presenters with dual monitor, PowerPoint presentation can be done by following the below easy steps:
- Open the Powerpoint file
- Start or join a Zoom meeting.
- Click on the icon ‘Share Screen’ in the meeting controls.
- Select your monitor then click share the button or icon.
- During the process of sharing your screen, switch PowerPoint to slide show mode by checking the slide Show tab to locate ‘From Beginning’ or the ‘from Current Slide’.
2. Make Sure to Switch-off Audio and Video Before Joining the Zoom Meeting
When your audio or video isn’t switched off, the background environment can affect the zoom class.
How to mute your audio and turn off the video
- Open your Zoom desktop application and locate Preferences > Video
- Under the Meetings icon, tick on the box “Turn off my video when joining a meeting”.
- Next is to locate the Audio menu and ensure that the setting that indicates “Mute microphone when joining a meeting” is ticked.
3. Assign Someone to Oversee the Waiting Room
By default, Zoom has a feature called “Waiting Room” which permits the host to control when a member or visitor joins the meeting.
When the meeting is ongoing, the host can enroll the members one by one or lock up all the members in the waiting room.
Suppose someone decides to join via the meeting link, he or she will show up at the top of the participant with a blue button indicated as “Admit”.
So the best way of keeping track of the waiting room is for the host of the meeting to employ someone who will help in managing incoming attendees.
4. Make Sure to Save the Chat History
It’s a common problem that when the host ends a Zoom class, the chat history completely disappears.
The only way out of this is to take adequate measures to save it so that none of the chat history logs is lost.
Thanks to Zoom, as it can automatically save your meeting chat log provided that Auto Saving chats are enabled under In Meeting (Basic).
NOTE: Be informed that this Zoom tip also saves every message sent privately so your participants must be aware of this.
5. Make the Most Out of the Shortcut Keys
When things are done more often on a certain application, the easiest way to get the best of it is to master its shortcut keys. Shortcut keys make your experience easier by saving time and stress of finding a particular option to initiate.
Zoom application also has a keyboard shortcut that can get your work done easily without stress. These Zoom shortcuts allow a user to quickly navigate the settings without handling a mouse.
Many global shortcuts can even work well when Zoom is not in target or focus. To get access to these Keyboard Shortcuts, Check “Click to enable all of the shortcuts available” and the option automatically appears.
More Helpful Tips When Using Zoom
- In the case of having poor video quality, the helpful way is to turn off the video and focus on your computer or smartphone audio.
- Make participants mute themselves as a default setting to avoid getting unpleasant noise from the background environment.
- But when they want to speak, their audio can then unmute.
- Your participants must have their real names on Zoom for easy calling.
- Both the Host and participants must ensure they use headphones for all Zoom class sessions.
- If you plan to use video to conduct the Zoom class, ensure that the room has moderate lighting for easy viewing.
To Sum Things Up
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service that anyone can use over the Internet to virtually communicate with their families, loved ones, friends, and colleagues.
Perhaps a strong internet connection is all it takes to enjoy a smooth zoom experience, whether on the web, desktop, or Android device. Hopefully, these tips would help make your next zoom class a memorable one!