Yahoo is an American web services provider founded in 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo. Thanks to that provider, users can have access to online information and utilities as well as have access to various websites. Yahoo has offices all around the world and was once the leading portal for the internet Yahoo is the largest web portal to provide links to thousands of other websites.. With his interface, users can click on categories such as movies, finances or sports and search for information.
Nowadays, Yahoo’s portal is still an important destination for news, videos, messaging and emails. This portal offers services in finances with stock quotes and financial information, in travel with booking services and travel information, in games with online games payable on the internet, in shopping with online retail and price comparison services, in maps with directions and various maps, in messenger with an instant messaging and in mail with a free Web-based e-mail. Yahoo provides powerful search engines as well as information on almost every subject imaginable.
Moreover, the information that you get through this portal comes from various level of study : it goes from scholarly articles to article directed at children. If you have a yahoo email account or if you have a fondness for homepage, here are some instructions to follow in order to make Yahoo your homepage in Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Yahoo homepage with Chrome
Chrome is a web browser developed by Google in 2008. It’s an open software that allows you to access various web pages on the internet. It also allows you to run Web-based applications. Chrome is available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, IOS and Android operating systems. With Chrome, each open website runs as its own process. Thanks to that, This browser has a high prevention against malicious codes on one page allowing them to not affect each other. Chrome is based on Chromium, which is rhe open source project at the core of Google Chrome. If you desire to make Yahoo your homepage with Chrome, just follow these simple steps :
- On Chrome, click on the ”Menu” button on the top right corner of the research bar. Then click on the ”Settings” option.
- Scroll down and go to the ”Appearances” section. Then, toggle the bar for the option ”Show home button”.
- Below ”Show home button ”, click on ”Enter custom web address”. From there, you can set the address that you want to open when you press the ”Home” button of your browser.
- Enter the Yahoo page you want to set up as your homepage. If you want the general Yahoo page just copy and paste this link : www.yahoo.com. To access your Yahoo mail page use this link : www.mail.yahoo.com. If you want the news’ Yahoo page to be you’re homepage use the following link : www.news.yahoo.com. Finally, if you’re more interested in Yahoo shopping page copy and paste this link : www.shopping.yahoo.com
- Once again scroll down and select ”Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Below the option ”Open a specific page or set of pages”, press the option ”Add a new page”.
- Enter the address that you desire to see when you’re opening Chrome and click on ”Add”. Note that it is possible to add as many Yahoo pages as you want. If you enter more Yahoo pages, they will simply open in separate tabs.
- Now, you’re all set ! When you open Chrome your homepage will be the Yahoo one.
Yahoo homepage for Firefox
Firefox is a web browser that is free and open-source. It was developed by the Mozilla foundation in 2002. This system is back-up by a not-for-profit that doesn’t sell your personal data to advertisers while helping you protect your personal information. Firefox has a high security and is protecting your data and private information by blocking known third party trackers, cryptominers, social media trackers and fingerprints from collecting your data. This browser runs on Quantum browse3 znginz which is built specifically for Firefox ensuring data to be handled privately and respectfully.If your prefer using Firefox as browser instead of Chrome, here are the step to put Yahoo as your homepage :
- Select Firefox and press the menu button on the top right of the research bar.
- Select ”Options”.
- After that, a new tab will open. From there, you just need to click on ”Home” from the options given in the left column.
- The option for ”Homepage and new windows” will be available. From the drop-down menu, just click on ”Custom URLs”.
- A text field entitled ”Paste a URL” will appear. From there, simply enter the required Yahoo address.
- Now, you can exit Firefox browser. Everytime you launch this browser, you will have Yahoo as a homepage.
Now you are set and ready to set up Yahoo as your homepage on both Chrome and Firefox. These steps are pretty simple to follow, a’d you should be able to setup Yahoo as your homepage in less than 10 minutes if you’re still having issues with Yahoo, you can always go to the Yahoo customer support via this link : https://en-global.help.yahoo.com/kb/account. Over there, you can either search for an answer from the database or directly speak to someone who is knowledgeable about Yahoo.