Kik is a mobile messaging application that everyone one can use either on an Iphone or Android. This application is entirely free of use and comes with different options such as : send messages or videos or pictures, having group or one to one chat, having anonymous chats and the possibility to follow and reach different brands in music and entertainments. To use this app, you must be over 16 years old or have a consent from a guardian or a parent to use social media services. With this app, you can contact anyone in your phone contact list as long as they are also using Kik.
How to delete temporarily or permanently your Kik account
Before deleting or deactivating your Kik account, make sure to note the username and email address that you’re using. The procedure to do so is fairly easy :
- Open your Kik app and click on the ”Settings” icon.
- Tap the ”Your Account” option.
- Your Kik username and address will appear. Write them down.
- Now you’re ready to either delete or deactivate your account.
You can choose to temporarily deactivate your account in the case where you just want a break and have no intention of getting rid of your Kik account yet. By only deactivating your account, you will still be able, later, to get back to your messages as long as you remember the email address or username that you chose when you created your account. If you want to deactivate your KIk account, follow those instructions :
- Navigate to the following website by clicking on that link : http://ws.kik.com/deactivate
- Enter the email address linked to your Kik account and press ”Go”. You will receive an email on the address that you just entered.
- Open the mail and press ”Deactivate” as a confirmation to deactivate your Kik account.
- Before your Kik account is deactivated, you will have to provide three reasons saying why you want to deactivate it.
Temporarily deactivating your account will not uninstall the Kik app from your phone. However, you will not receive any messages or emails from Kik, your username will not show up in Kik searches and your username will be removed from your friend’s list. If you want, you can reactivate your account at any time by entering your username or email address on the Kik app.
Before deleting your Kik profile there’s a number of things that you have to keep in mind. Once you delete your account, your profile will no longer appear in your friend’s contact list. Moreover, you will not receive messages or emails from your friends or Kik because your Kik account will not be reachable anymore. After you permanently deactivated your account, you will not be allowed to reactivate your Kik account. The only option to go back on this app will be by creating a new account. Once you are sure about your decisions, take the following steps :
- Navigate to the following website : https://ws.kik.com/delete
- From there, enter your Kik username as well as the email associated with your Kik account.
- Select the reason from which you are deleting your account from the drop-down menu.
- You will notice a check box that says ”I understand I am permanently deactivating my account and I won’t be able to log in again to reactivate it”. Select this option and press ”Go”, you will receive an email from Kik.
- On the email, tap on the ”Permanently deactivate” button. With that, you will delete your Kik account permanently. You’re able to cancel your decision only before pressing this button. Once it’s done, it will be too late.
Deactivating your child’s Kik account
To delete your child’s Kik account, the procedure is exactly the same as the one previously shown. You need to have access to their phone, in order to get their username. However, if you are also using this app, you can see their username from their chat. Once you have their phone follow these instructions :
- Launch the app and then go to ”Settings” from the icon at the top of the screen.
- From there, you will be able to see both your kid’s bold-faces display name and username.
Another way of deleting your kid’s Kik account is by submitting a deactivation inquiry to Kik via email. To do so, write an email to [email protected] and explain your situation. In the subject line, mention ”Parent Inquiry” as well as your child’s Kik username and his age. After that request and once it’s processed, the Kik account of your child will be permanently deactivated and he/she will have no access to it anymore. Always be careful of the activity of your child on this type of application since anybody can register and talk to any active this app.
Generally speaking, it is extremely easy to delete or deactivate your Kik account. You just need the email address that you entered to sign in and make sure to enter the right information while you’re trying to deactivate or delete your account. After deletion and deactivation, anyone who searches for your username will not find it. Once you’ve deleted your account, you just need to remove or uninstall the app from your phone and you will be entirely done with Kik.