Nowadays digital marketing is very popular for generating traffic and sales for a business. Almost all the local businesses have digital marketing wings for generating more traffic and sales. There are many different digital marketing tools that entrepreneurs are using for boosting their business.
The most using digital marketing tools are as follows:
- Search engine optimizing (SEO)
- Social media optimizing (SMO)
- Pay per click (PPC)
- Email marketing
In this article I will discuss about the above digital marketing tools that can really generate traffic and sales. Let’s jump into the deep
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most popular digital marketing tools. It is the best tool for getting organic traffic to your website. Sales conversation rate also higher in SEO than any other digital marketing tools.
Pros of Search Engine Optimization
- After getting ranking on the 1st page of the search engines, you will get organic traffic and sales conversation continuously for a long time.
- Considering all other digital marketing tools, search engine optimization (SEO) needs highest investment. But till now, this is the most cost effective marketing strategy as the sales conversation rate is highest in SEO.
- It increases the brand value of your business.
- SEO will make your website more reliable to the visitors.
- It increases the CTR of your website.
- SEO can give you more traffic to your website than any other digital marketing tools.
- For better user experience, SEO is one of the best techniques.
- It increases sales ratio.
Cons of Search Engine Optimization
- Need big investment for white hat SEO.
- White hat SEO takes long time for getting ranking on the 1st page of the search engines.
- It is a continue process.
- Any mistake or wrong work on SEO can be a cause of penalty by Google.
Social Media Optimization
Social media optimization or SMO is another important tool in digital marketing. As social media platforms are the highest traffic engagement platforms, SMO plays a vital role for generating traffic and sales. You can find many local entrepreneurs as well as online entrepreneurs, who are selling their products and services only through social media like, FB, YouTube, etc.
Pros of Social Media Optimization
- Social media optimization is low cost comparing to other digital marketing tools.
- In some cases social media is the best place for getting traffic and sales like lifestyle, food recipe, weight management, etc.
- SMO gives fast result comparing to other digital marketing tools.
- Social signals is very helpful for SEO
- It helps to build a community. This community will become your regular and permanent customer.
- You can get targeted traffic from the targeted area through social media optimization.
Cons of Social Media Optimization
- Most of the cases social media optimization has low sales conversation rate.
- Though it generates traffic; it increases bounce rate.
- It can’t increase brand value of the business
- Social media optimization can’t generate more sales for the most of the niches.
Pay per Click
Nowadays pay per click or PPC is very popular digital marketing tool. It is an online advertisement technique. In this system 3-4 different parties work. Here first party is products or services seller, second party is advertising agency, third party displays the content on different platforms. Fourth party is the visitors or traffic. When the fourth party click on any content that are displaying on the digital platforms like social media, websites, emails, then the first party pays to the second party and second party pays to the third party. Pay per click also has some pros and cons as well. Here are some pros and cons:
Pros of Pay per Click
- Getting very fast result
- Helpful for SEO
- Good sales conversion rate
- Generating traffic
- Getting target oriented traffic
Cons of Pay per Click
- Need good investment
- After completing the PPC campaign it can’t generate traffic
- It increases your website bounce rate
- Getting a lot of paid click from the paid visitors that is totally zero conversion rate.
Email marketing is one of the best and popular digital marketing tools. Almost all the websites use email marketing technique for getting traffic and sales though they are ranking on the 1st page of the search engines. Email marketing also has some pros and cons as well. Here are some of them.
Pros of Email Marketing
- You can send emails only to your target customers.
- It is very low cost
- It helps to improve CTR
- Email marketing is very helpful for ranking on SERP
- It can increase your sales
Cons of Email Marketing
- Many people don’t open promotional emails
- Most of the promotional emails go to the spam folder
- Low sales conversion rate
In this article I have shown you four most popular digital marketing tools’ pros and cons. I hope these comparison will help you to take a right decision about which digital marketing tool you will use for your business. If you feel confusion about digital marketing tools you should check this article; SEO Vs SMO.