Windows 10 is the most recent version of the Microsoft Windows operating system. This system manages all software and hardware on a computer. This new version of Windows presents a traditional Start Menu that was designed to find important apps easily. It also comes with a new browser : Microsoft Edge which ensure a better performance than Internet Explorer. Windows 10 also presents multiple desktops and task views as well as a tablet mode and an action center. There are multiple ways to activate Windows 10, and thanks to this article, you will know all of them !
Method 1 : Activate Windows 10 with the KMS Client Key
On this specific method, the main requirement is to open ”Command Prompt” as an administrator. When it’s done, take the following steps :
- Begin by opening the ”Start” menu. Then, search for ”cmd”. Make sure to run it as an administrator.
- Use the command ”slmgr/ipk your license key”. It will install the KMS client key. The licence key matches your Windows edition.
- Use the command ”slmgr/skms kms8.msguides.com” to set a KMS address and get connected to KMS server.
- Final step is to use the command ”slmgr/ato” in order to activate your Windows and recheck the activation status.
NOTE : Windows 10 has ten different Volume license keys which are the following ones :
H N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
H Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
H Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
Method 2 : Activate Windows 10 Using the Product Key
The easiest way to activate Windows 10 is by using the product key given with the package. This product key is composed of a 25-character code. This code can be printed on the Certificate of Authenticity or simply be present on the packaging. Looking inside the box you have received your product key in might also be an option if you have purchased Windows 10 from an authorized seller. In the case where you purchased your product from Microsoft’s online store, you have the possibility to explore the order history and find the windows 10 home product key. Once this task is done, follow these next steps to activate your key :
- Press the ”Start” menu icon from the taskbar and follow by clicking on the ”Computer” option.
- From the menu, select ”Properties”.
- Then, press on ”Activate Windows online”.
- Finally, you just need to enter the product key and click ”Next” to activate Windows.
Method 3 : Activate Windows 10 with CMD
There’s also a way to activate Windows 10 without the use of a key. To do so, you need to use CMD which is a free system. The activation process is as follow :
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard. From there, touch the ”cmd” key and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together. It will launch and run ”Windows Command Prompt” as administrator.
- Then copy and paste the following command in the Prompt window : ”slmgr.vbs /upk. To carry out the command, press ”Enter”.
- Copy and paste this new command on the screen : slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43. Press ”Enter”.
- Type the command : slmgr /skms zh.us.to . Press ”Enter”.
- Copy and paste : slmgr /ato. Press ”Enter” in order to activate Windows 10 with CMD for free.
Method 4 : Activate Windows 10 with Digital License
Digital License will allow you to link the Windows 10 license key to your Microsoft account. As such, before trying to activate Microsoft 10 with Digital License, make sure that your account is entirely linked. To do so, check the ”Settings”, then click on ”Update and Security” and press ”Activation”. All you have to do after that is to look for ”Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account” on the activation section of Windows. When this first task is done, follow the next steps to activate Windows 10 :
- When you begin with the activation process, choose the option ”I don’t have a product key when prompted to activate”.
- Set up and log into Windows 10 by using the Microsoft account associated with your Windows 10 digital license. Normally, Windows 10’should be activated. However, you might have made some changes in the hardware without knowing it. If that’s the case continue with the following steps.
- Click the Windows key and go to ”Settings”. Then, press ”Update and Security”. Finally, click on ”Activation”.
- If Windows hasn’t activated yet, click on the ”Troubleshoot” option and a new window will open.
- Select ”Activate Windows” and then press ”Activate”. If you have changed your hardware recently, select ”I changed hardware on this device recently”.
- Enter the account details of the Microsoft account that is linked to the digital license.
- Look for your computing device in the list of devices. Then, check the box for ”This is the device I’m using right now” and press ”Activate”. After all those steps, your digital licence will help activate your Windows 10.
Method 5 : Activate Windows 10 by calling Microsoft
One of the easiest option it’s to immediately refer to Microsoft calling center. To do so, press the Windows Key + R and type in ”SLUI 4”. Then, click on ”OK” and select your country of living. A toll-free number will appear. You just have to call the given number and give the operator your Installation ID. From there, Microsoft Support will be in charge of the activation.
This article presented you with 5 different ways to activate Microsoft 10. Now, it’s your choice to choose which option is the easiest and the most suitable for you. If you still can’t activate Windows 10 after trying all these options, just call Microsoft support and explain your situation.